What a Year for Women! December 17, 2009Posted by pupfiction in Uncategorized.
Tags: 2009, accomplishments, feminism, First Lady, government, Nobel Peace Prize, women
Excelle.monster.com, a website whose tagline reads, “networking for the career-minded woman”, has listed its “10 picks for the best lady-friendly news from 2009”. Inspirational and informational, this is a list anyone could benefit from reading. I’ve listed the ten below, but make sure to check out the entire article to ready more specifically about these accomplishments and why they were chosen.
1.Women rocked digital media.
2.The First Lady wowed the nation.
3. For the first time, a woman won the Nobel Peace Prize in Economics.
4. There were more women working than ever before.
5. Women were found to be better lawmakers than men.
6. Susan Boyle defied stereotypes.
7. The Senate passed the Women’s Health Amendment.
8. Germany’s Chancellor was Forbes’ most powerful woman … again!
9. Oprah continued her reign.
10. The “Wise Latina” made history.
What accomplishment of women do you think is missing from this list?